Thursday, April 22, 2010

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN


Today was another good day! Mom and I spent about an hour together just talking. I really enjoy these "touch times" with Mom and Dad. As you know they have changed my touch times so Dad gets to see me at 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., I love hearing that deep voice say "Hi, Max." As you can see the nurses are letting me have my pacifier as much as I want because it really keeps me calm! Remember the only medicine I am getting right now is the steroids and that will continue until Saturday to help mature my lungs. The doctor is continuing to wean me off of my sedation medicine and the ventilator, which has been able to be lowered throughout the day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still praying for you Max! We will probably never meet in this lifetime but your story touches my heart. Can't wait to hear the news that you will be going home! You are a miracle from God and will continue to pray for steady progress. Be good to your NICU nurses. They are your angels on earth right now.

    Penni Royston
    (friend of Meagan Lewis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day you are growing a little stronger, darling Max. We all look forward to the day when you are ready to come home! I can't wait to meet you in person!

    Karen (Kristin Anderson's mom)

    ReplyDelete