Friday, April 9, 2010

DAY FIFTEEN

Well I am one day post surgery and today had its ups and downs! Mom and Dad came to visit me and they had to leave pretty quickly because I had trouble breathing and the nurses had to do CPR. When they had me stabilized the doctor talked to Mom and Dad and requested there be no visitors for a couple of days, even them. Even though they cannot come see me Mom and Dad call my nurses a lot and check in. The day turned around for the better when my nurse figured out that all I needed was some ear muffs to help drowned out all the noise and stimulation, I do not like to be poked and prodded and hear all the monitors beeping. When Mom called this evening the night nurse said that I was still doing well, that I was sleeping on my tummy again and was still wearing my ear muffs. I know Mom and Dad just want me to rest comfortably and get better, remember what Mom wrote yesterday, the first 48 hours after the surgery is very important, as is the first full week following the procedure.

1 comment:

  1. Darling Baby Maxwell: You, along with both your Mom and your Dad, have been in my thoughts and prayers daily.

    Karen Yapelli (Kristin Anderson's mother)

    ReplyDelete