Friday, April 23, 2010

DAY TWENTY-EIGHT


I woke up with fluid on my lungs, so the doctor gave me a diuretic to help draw the fluids out of my body. That happened at 11:00 a.m. and by 2:00 p.m, when Mom saw me again I had a REALLY full diaper. My ventilator settings have stayed the same since yesterday, so no news is good news. The doctor also decided to wean me off of my sedative according to a schedule and not "as needed", which may have been too hard for me.


I finally got to wear clothes, OK so it was only a really awesome knit cap, but I was looking good! I also got to sleep on my tummy for awhile and in Mom's picture you can see the two scabs that mark my incision from my heart surgery, it is healing well! When the doctor talked to Mom today she said to remember that everyday cannot be a "good" day, some days are just "stable" or plateaus when my body needs to rest and adjust to the progress I have made. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers, Mom and Dad never get tired of giving updates to family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment