Tuesday, April 6, 2010

DAY ELEVEN


The echo results of my heart came back, and despite one round of medication the "hole" in my heart has not closed, in fact it has opened back to how it was before the medication. Until that news from the doctor, Mom and Dad were pleased about how my day was going, they were able to take me off my blood pressure medicine and all of my other numbers were decent. My nurse Anne told Mom and Dad that an indication that the "hole" had opened again was that my ventilator settings kept going up, meaning that I need more help to breathe and oxygenate my blood.


The doctor told Mom and Dad that he would do the medication for another three day period, but that my heart just does not appear strong enough to stay closed once the medicine has done its job. That being said, the doctor prepared my parents for me to have surgery by the end of the week to put a permanent clamp around the "hole" in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment