Sunday, April 25, 2010

DAY THIRTY-ONE


Today was very similar to yesterday. My vent settings remain in the 30s and I got my last shot of steroids. Some changes today included getting more milk, YEAH! I now get 10cc every three hours and I needed a blood transfusion, this is because the nurses draw a lot of blood and I cannot replenish what they take, so I need help. The nurses continue to tell Mom and Dad that they expect to wean me off the vent sometime this week and move me to a CPAP machine. Between you and me, Mom is very excited about this but tells me to do my best everyday and not rush getting better. The nurses did caution that once they move me to the CPAP I may get tired after a couple of days of breathing on my own without a lot of help and may need to be put back on the vent so I can rest. Please continue to keep me in your prayers and know that Mom and Dad talk to me all the time about everyone who is praying for me and wanting me to get better so they can meet me.

1 comment:

  1. Max! You're getting so big! Your progress has been so uplifting to my soul. I'm sure your parents are excited that the day they get to take you home is getting closer and closer. Keep up the good work! I'm still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete