Saturday, April 24, 2010

DAY TWENTY-NINE


Today was another plateau day. Mom spoke to the doctor again today and she said that the x-ray of my lungs was OK, not great, just OK. The doctor did show Mom my pictures and pointed out that my breathing tube was situated to high, it is suppose to be positioned below my collar bones and the picture showed that it was above my collar bones, that could be one reason the x-ray was just OK looking and not great. She reminded Mom that the steroids will continue through Sunday and then the following 24-48 hours would be important to see how I would do on my own without the steroids. When Mom was talking to my nurse she mentioned that I was breathing over the ventilator quite a bit and Mom asked if that was good or bad and the nurse said "both", it is good because he is showing us he can breath on his own, but bad because he is not letting the machine do the work for him.
As you know I have a mind of my own already and I am going to do things in my own time! Need I remind you who my parents are? ANYWAY, it is the end of the fourth week and I am not on the C-PAP machine yet, but maybe next week after I finish the steroids. I cannot believe that I have been in the NICU for a month already! God is good and he answers prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment