Thursday, April 1, 2010

DAY SEVEN



I passed another test! The doctor informed my parents that I have a level 1 hemorrhage. When asked what that meant in regards to future prognosis, he said that typically the prognosis is good when looking at future brain development. YEAH ME!!!! A GENIUS IN THE MAKING!




That being said the honeymoon is over, when mom came to visit me, they told her I had an infection and that they had already started antibiotics. When mom came again at 4 p.m. they had moved me back onto the larger ventilator. I tried really hard to be good and listen to the nurses, but I did not feel good and needed the help of the larger ventilator. On a good note my mom took my temperature at 12 p.m. and then again at 4 p.m. and it had gone down from 99.6 to 98.5. Mom told me all day that Dad was at work and he would come by for "touch time" at 8 p.m. I cannot wait to see him and hear about how his day went!

1 comment:

  1. That is incredible news for your 24 wkr!!!! Brings tears to my eyes just knowing what all this means for you all (in a good way). My 26 wkr's pda closed with medicine and she had a level 1 brain bleed that cleared itself as well. Maxwell, I do not know you personally, but you are a tough cookie and a very strong fighter! You make us all proud! I am so happy for your family to see you have been responding well to all your tests and meds! Congrats on a strong week 1!!! Casey

    ReplyDelete