Thursday, April 29, 2010

DAY THIRTY-FIVE

I had a great night, I had excellent blood test results last night and this morning. Mom and Dad had a care conference with the doctor right by my bed and right now a lot of things are going to remain the same, which is not all bad, the doctor wants to give me plenty of time to grow and mature. Things that have changed include, increasing my amount of milk again, now I will get 4 ounces over a 24-hour period and the doctor says because of this he can remove my IV by Sunday. I no longer need additional nutrition, Mom's milk is enough. Because my blood tests have been good lately the doctor says that we only need to draw blood once a day instead of twice. In the next two weeks the doctor is planning some routine tests, including, an eye exam and my third brain scan. Also within the next couple of weeks the doctor plans to take me off the ventilator. He told Mom and Dad today that most preemies stay on the ventilator until 32 weeks of age and I am at 29 weeks 4 days. So to say the least the next couple of weeks will be very busy and hopefully follow the plan set forth by my doctor, but as we know God's plan is the one that we follow, so please continue praying because that has gotten us where we are and will continue us on the right path.

2 comments:

  1. Alright Max! Way to go! So true about God's plans... you're wise beyond your years (weeks) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Max! Keep up the good work! I'm always encouraged to read you are doing better every day. One day this will all be in the past and you'll be running and playing with friends.

    ReplyDelete