Saturday, April 3, 2010

DAY EIGHT


Do I smell like a monkey and look like one too? Mom was singing some song to me and that's what she said! I think maybe it has something to do with it being my one week birthday. I am still holding my own, the doctor and nurses were concerned about my platelet count, but by late last night the numbers had gone up which made everyone happy. They were also concerned about my glucose numbers being to high so they made some changes to my IV fluids and are still watching my sugar closely. If the numbers keep going up they may have to give me insulin.

I am still taking antibiotics for an infection, they don't know exactly where it is but they are treating it and waiting to hear back from the lab, hopefully they will know something by Saturday. I am back under the lights because I have jaundice, so I have to wear my shades again, I am still on the larger of the two ventilators because they don't want me to have to work as hard while they try to clear up the infection. Mom and I had a long talk yesterday and she gave me a lot to think about,(mom got a picture of me in my thinking pose) she wants me to do my very best and listen to the doctors and nurses. She told me that she and dad and my family and friends are doing all they can by praying, coming to visit, and asking lots of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment