Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DAY THIRTY-THREE


I had a great night and the day started off well, I got a bath this morning! The nurses are still dealing with the secretions from my lungs, but today was better then yesterday. I am still on 12cc of milk, but the doctor requested that a caloric supplement be added to my milk. Milk has 20 calories and the doctor wants me to have 22 calories with each feeding, to continue my weight gain. I moved to a bigger snuggie, but I still do not keep my feet in which frustrates my nurses, but I am not being bad, I promise, because the Occupational Therapist has started exercising my left foot and says that the snuggie is limiting my range of motion in that foot. Hey, I guess that is another big life lesson, you cannot please all the people all the time. When Mom came to see me at 5:00 p.m., they had to increase my ventilator settings because of ongoing secretions. When they took my blood this evening, they figured out that I was not getting rid of the carbon dioxide in my body as well as I had yesterday and that is more than likely due to the build up of secretions in my lungs that I am trying to get rid of. This is not a huge step back but as you know Mom and Dad are really wanting me to be weaned of the ventilator so they can hold me.

2 comments:

  1. Max is such a strong fighter that I heard Jerry Jones and Wade Phillips are wanting to visit and talk future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Max. You're doing really well! Looks like the nurses are really taking good care of you 24/7. I'm a big fan of NICU nurses!

    Penni

    ReplyDelete