Monday, May 3, 2010

DAY THIRTY-EIGHT


We thought yesterday was good! As you know Mom checks on me every night about 9:30 p.m. and then calls again about 6:00 a.m. to see how how the night went. When she called in this morning the nurse told her that I was doing well and that overnight I had persuaded the nurses to take out my breathing tube. OH YEAH, I am on the CPAP!! Mom and Dad came to the hospital after church to see for themselves, they were so happy! The nurse told them that I was tolerating the mask well and that every six hours I would transition from the mask to the nasal prongs and then back again. On top of all that, my food was increases to 19ccs. I know the doctor said two more weeks on the ventilator, but I was ready now and if I get tired they can reinsert the tube and put me back on. I know it will be awhile longer, but I am ready to go home and be with Mom and Dad all the time. God is good and he answers prayer!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Maxwell, you are doing awesome!!! I know your parents are proud of you. God is GREAT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Go Maxwell! My bible study group and I have been praying for you. Every week I have had an update for them, therefore I will be beaming to tell them about your new updates. The power of prayer!! I know that CPAP mask is kinda weird feeling, but it's definitely worth it. Keep using the paci!

    Talk to you later! Tell mom hi, I've missed her at work. She taught me some very valuable things this year, and being new to the district and a new speech therapist - it really was more than helpful.

    Prayers - Alison Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Baby Boy: You and your parents are in my prayers every single day. I am so pleased to read your blog entries (very informative and well written, little boy!) and to know that you are improving and gaining weight. I especially loved that pic of you patting yourself on the back, that made me lol. Keep up the good work.

    Karen Yapelli (Kristin Anderson's mom)

    ReplyDelete