Sunday, May 9, 2010

DAY FORTY-THREE


Kangaroo Care with Mom on Friday topped off my week of just hanging out! The doctor and nurses made no major changes to my care. I had my third brain scan today and I still have a grade 1 hemorrhage which is great because that means it has not gotten worse! Remember a grade 1 hemorrhage is a minimal bleed. The nurse told Mom that the blood should be reabsorbed and the prognosis is favorable for typical brain development. I started getting eye drops today because I have an eye infection. I have to have drops in my eyes every three hours for the next seven days. Mom was worried about the infection interfering with my eye exam on Wednesday, but the nurse said that the doctor would not have problem completing the exam. Being with Mom and Dad tonight was great, and I know they were just as pleased as I was! Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment