Sunday, May 16, 2010

DAY FIFTY

As you can see Dad got to kangaroo care with me! I "behaved" all day and listen to my nurse, and was well rewarded! Whenever Mom or Dad hold me, the nurse takes that hour to feed me. While Dad was holding me I experienced a brady episode, this is when my heart rate falls below 80. I recovered rather quickly and my color remained good. My nurse told Mom and Dad that the brady may have happened as a result of reflux, just another way that I am like Dad. Reflux and brady episodes are a part of the roller coaster ride, but I know that Mom is worried about the brady episodes because they have an effect on my discharge date. The doctors have told Mom and Dad not to expect me home until at least my due date (July 11th), and any episodes I have before I go home, my discharge date gets pushed five days. So If I have a brady episode July 10th, I cannot go home before July 15th. Thank you for your continued prayers and your interest in my daily updates and ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment