Wednesday, May 5, 2010

DAY FORTY-ONE


Hi to everyone outside the hospital! Mom and Dad came to see me at 5:00 pm tonight and Mom and I had words, because I had not seen her all day. Mom and I always talked about Dad having to "bring home the bacon", whatever that means, I have never seen this bacon, but Mom says it is good on almost everything! Anyway, I was mad because I had not seen her and she explained to me that she had to go back to work and help other kids, so I guess that is OK! The doctor made some changes to my food today, he lowered my milk to 20ccs, not because there is a problem, but to prevent a problem from happening. The nurse explained to Mom and Dad that because I have fluid in my body, especially in my lungs, the doctor does not want my body to have to work too hard getting rid of the excess fluid. The important thing is, while he lowered my amount of milk he increased the amount of protein in my milk from 24 calories to 26, protein shake anyone? My plan for the week is still on track, I am hanging out and growing big and strong, thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers and please give Mom and Dad a smile when you see them!

1 comment: