Sunday, May 23, 2010

DAY FIFTY-EIGHT


I weigh 3.9 pounds! According to some book that Mom reads, "What to expect because you should still be expecting", if I were still in her belly I would about 19 inches long and weigh about 4.5 pounds. Mom has talked to me quite a bit about my hair color, she would like it to be curly as I get older and just a tad darker. Dad got to kangaroo care with me this afternoon and it did not go so well, my feeding tube worked its way up and milk was not going in my stomach and I spit up on Dad. The nurse said that I had to go back to bed and as she was taking me from him my tube came out. She reinserted the tube and now everyone will monitor me because I may have gotten milk in my lungs. To help me through this situation I will switch back and forth between the nasal cannula and the CPAP mask every six hours. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment