Thursday, May 13, 2010

DAY FORTY-NINE


Today was a day of ups and downs. I got another bath and my bedding was changed out, woo hoo! I had two significant breathing episodes today around lunch time, and the nurses were concerned that I may have an infection in my tummy. I was very tired and definitely not as active as I usually am. They watched me closely for the rest of the afternoon and I improved and became more active, but they did not let Dad hold me as planned. If I was stressed and not feeling well they did not want to handle me too much and make my condition worse. Mom and Dad were upset, but of course they understood that I needed time to rest and prove to the doctors that I was not sick. The nurse practitioner was pleased with my appearance and activity level when she spoke to Mom and Dad at 5:00 pm. When Mom called and checked on me at 9:30 pm I was resting comfortably and the nurse on duty told Mom that I had eaten well and I had no residual and my tummy looked good. The nurse that worked with me during the day today spoke with Mom about my situation today and she was of the opinion that I may need a blood transfusion within the next couple of days. If you remember, they have been monitoring my blood levels for a few days now, so I will keep you posted! Please continue to pray for my continued growth and development, God is good and I have a purpose!

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to see God working in you tiny life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those cheeks and round belly!! Maxwell you are looking great! You have made great progress, rest when you need it.

    ReplyDelete