Monday, June 14, 2010

DAY SIXTY-NINE



Today was a busy day! The eye doctor came to check my eyes today and they have not improved, but they really have not worsened either. From what Mom tells me, my eyes are still growing and maturing and the doctor is monitoring the growth of the blood vessels around the eye. The doctor and nurses also turned down the amount of air going through my nasal cannula from 6 liters to 5 liters. That means that I do not need as much pressure to keep my lungs inflated. When Mom and I talk about my oxygen we talk about the liters and the the amount of oxygen going through the cannula, I usually need 30-40% oxygen. My lungs are growing and it will take time for the doctors to wean me off the oxygen, I may even go home with oxygen.
Mom's friends at work gave us a "bear" essentials shower, Mom had a great time and she tells me I have plenty of stuff waiting for me at home. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments, well wishes and gifts! Please continue to pray for my growth and development and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment