Wednesday, August 4, 2010

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-NINE


This is how I spent most of my day, snuggling with Mom. I am still working on taking an entire bottle and when the doctor came by to visit with me today he said that he wants to do the hernia surgeries and see if that helps me with being able to take more food. The doctor said that he would contact the surgeon on Thursday and get me on the schedule so this could happen by the end of this week or early next week. After I recover from the hernia surgery the doctor wants to give me a week to see if my feedings continue to improve, if they do not then I will have another surgery to put a G-tube in so that I can go home with Mom and Dad. I think I am ready either way, I would like to spend all day snuggling with Mom and Dad, not just when they are able to come visit. The doctor does not think that I will need the G-tube for more than six to eight months. As the doctors have said before there is nothing neurologically or physically wrong, my lungs just need time to grow and mature. The G-tube will allow Mom and Dad to give me a bottle at every feeding and anything I do not finish goes in the tube. Before Mom and Dad left for the evening the nurse told them that I had made the 9 pound mark, can you believe it? I do not look like a micro-preemie anymore. Please continue to pray that God continues to work in my life, as well as, Mom and Dad's lives. Mom, Dad and I are thankful everyday for our wonderful friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment