Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DAY ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-SEVEN


Well I feel MUCH better! Do not be afraid of the IV, it will get taken out in the morning. I had my surgery yesterday and it was a success! I got to eat today starting at 2:00 p.m. through my nasal tube and I took a bottle at 5:00 p.m. I was only given 20ccs at each feeding but I finished both, even the bottle! Guess what, I was still hungry but the doctor said I had to wait until later to get more milk. My doctor said that the plan is to gradually increase my milk back to the volume it was before the surgery and work on taking all four bottles. When I can take my first four bottles I will then get to work on taking the remaining four. I am on the right track, I feel good and guess what else, I am on room air, that means that my oxygen is 21% which is what you breath everyday. The doctor talked about turning down my oxygen and getting me ready to go home. So after this wild roller coaster ride I am now working on taking all eight bottles and lowering my oxygen needs. Mom and Dad are really excited and cannot wait for me to come home. Thank you for all the prayers during my surgery, God answers prayers and I am on my way home!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Good news is the best way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max's Great Aunt Becky here. God bless you, little man. You are a fighter. And, you are so right - God answers prayers. Catherine and Ben, my prayers are with your little family and that soon, very soon, you'll hold that little fella at home in your arms.

    ReplyDelete