Thursday, July 29, 2010

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FOUR

Yes, I know I am to old to be seen without clothes, but the nurses and the ENT doctor needed to assess me during my consult this afternoon. As you know I wheeze and the doctors in Lewisville knew it was being caused by either my lungs or my throat. The last x-ray done on my lungs showed improvement so when I transferred to Plano they requested that an ENT doctor look at my throat. The procedure itself felt like it took forever and I tried to tell the nurses that I wanted it to stop, but the doctor kept looking down my nose until he saw everything there was to see. First of all he sprayed something up my nose which I tried to get rid of, but just ended up making snot bubbles and then he put a wand up my nose that had a bright light on the end and that did not feel good! The ENT doctor look at my vocal cords and esophagus. He told Mom that he believed my wheezing was caused by a nicked vocal cord that happened during my heart surgery and a weak epiglottis, both of which should get better with time. The bottom line is I do not need surgery for my throat and the issues with my throat are related to my feeding difficulties, but there is no quick fix, I just need time to grow and get stronger. Please continue to pray for me on this journey, pray specifically for my feeding issues and please do not forget to say a prayer of thanksgiving, we keep asking and God continues to bless.

2 comments:

  1. Thanking God for Maxwell's safe travel and that no surgery is needed for his throat! God is good..all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of baby Max daily and praying that God will continue taking care of him. Looking forward to the day when his two devoted parents get to bring him home.

    Karen (Kristin Anderson's mom)

    ReplyDelete