Monday, March 29, 2010

DAY ONE


I was born in Irving, Texas on a Friday to parents who had yet to have the nursery ready. To say they were unprepared for my much anticipated arrival is an understatement, but here I am! At birth I weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and I was 12.25 inches in length. The doctors warned my parents of the problems that can occur with a micro-preemie, but they knew I was in God's hands, so at 12:16 am I came into the world via c-section. Despite the dire warnings the doctors report that I had good muscle tone and gave a small cry as I entered the world. My apgar scores at birth were 6 and 8 respectively. Once I was stabilized I was transported to another hospital that has a level 3 NICU.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Apgar scores of 6/8 are very rare for 24 weeks and the effort to make a small cry, amazing. What a strong boy Maxwell is! Our God is awesome, prayers go out for you, Max, and your loving parents. I can't wait to meet you.

    Sandi Underwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled to read that Maxwell cried on his own when he was born. I remember hearing that cry when Rob was born and knowing it was God that breathed that breathe of life into Rob. It gave me such peace. That is such great news for Maxwell. We have lots of California brothers and sisters praying for you guys. Love, Danna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world!! So glad you are here, and what a surprise it was.... I can't wait to see what other wonderful surprises you have in store! Grow strong, sweet perfect little one. Your mom and dad can't wait to hold you in their arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the world!! We have been waiting for you, but you came earlier than we were expecting... a certain surprise! can't wait to see what other surprises you have for us. Grow strong sweet perfect one... There are lots of arms ready to hold you :) (Your mamma and daddy are first in line!!)

    ReplyDelete