Friday, September 3, 2010

DAY ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-EIGHT


The doctor, social worker, and feeding therapist came to talk to Mom and Dad tonight. I have not gained weight in the past week and I am already on the most calories I can get and I am getting the minimum amount of volume needed to remain hydrated. It was a very hard decision, Dad got quiet and Mom cried, but they decided to consent to another surgery to give me a feeding tube in my tummy. This does not mean that I stop bottle feeding it just means that what I do not finish goes in the tube and I get to go home soon. I am ready to get on the floor and play and relax. It is getting harder to be in the hospital and maintain such a rigorous schedule that I cannot seem to meet no matter how hard I try. The tube will not have to be in forever, just until my lungs catch up with the rest of my body. Along with the tube the doctor will also fix my reflux problem so I believe Mom and Dad have made the right decision, I am ready to feel better and not fight to do something I love which is eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment